Features and Services
At Manorhouse, we are continually seeking better ways to serve our residents and families. Feedback from them and from you help us enhance our systems. Our staff’s dedication is geared toward best practices in care, resident comfort and safety, encouraging independence, while providing service in a warm, caring way.
Health and Wellness
At Manorhouse, wellness comes through developing an individual care plan. This process encourages you to take an active role in communicating your wishes and decision making. We honor individual decisions, providing needed assistance, ever mindful of preserving resident dignity and freedom of choice.
Manorhouse residents have access to many health and wellness services onsite:
- Licensed nurses on-site 24 hours every day
- Wellness Center with high-tech exercise equipment where you can work out with your friends.
- Chair Yoga and Meditation classes
- Podiatry services
- Counseling services
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy
You may also involve any key healthcare professionals in this process. Our professionally trained team implements your care plan and is available for you 24 hours a day. We’ll follow your plan in a formal way through the checks and balances of our Check√Point™ program.
Leadership also utilizes the following operational tools for resident wellness:
- Partnerships and relationships with select healthcare providers to offer on-site services, including a physician serving as medical director.
- Relationships with third party health care providers such as hospitals, emergency services and rehab facilities to assist in providing care as needed.
A well-balanced diet is one of the most important factors in health, but it requires a lot of work and often receives very little attention when you cook for yourself. Dining at Manorhouse can bring some joy back into mealtime. Our chef’s menus include three delicious meals each day including entrée and dessert options, as well as snacks available throughout the day. Menus and special nutritional needs are reviewed by a registered dietician.
Our community has a resident dining committee which enables residents to provide feedback to the dining services staff. Manorhouse uses its Check√Point™ program to insure we’re providing the best possible experience for each resident and their guests.
Resident Programs and Services
Residents have access to complimentary transportation to outside doctor and medical appointments in our wheelchair accessible van. Family members can also ride to the appointment with you.
At Manorhouse, providing a safe and secure environment for residents, their families, as well as our employees, is of utmost importance. We have many systems and design features that help accomplish this in each community.
First and foremost, each Manorhouse resident is valued, respected and protected each day. The systems we’ve incorporated into our community reflects this:
- Controlled access into the community
- Emergency nurse call systems in every bedroom and, bathroom
- Fire-resistant construction, a fully sprinkled building, and smoke and fire detection systems
- Closed circuit building monitoring
- Emergency action and evacuation plans
- Ongoing staff safety and disaster response training
Receiving the right medications – the correct dose and at the prescribed time can be essential to maintaining good health and quality of life. At Manorhouse, we are very clear about how we manage our resident medication system. To insure the above, we work closely with an independent pharmacy, and rely on our internal, comprehensive system, part of our CheckPoint Quality Assurance Program™ Program.
Highlights of our medication management system include many quality assurance and customer service measures, including:
- comprehensive staff training conducted and supervised by pharmacists
- detailed record keeping to track and implement prescription changes
- medication delivery packaging system to minimize mistakes
- four-tiered medication administration record review process to ensure accuracy
- pharmacy systems to identify potential physician errors related to incompatible drugs and over medication
- any statement about medication abuse checks and balances?
- residents, families pharmacy consultations
Our Check√Point Quality Assurance Program™ ensures that your medication delivery will be expertly managed for quality assurance and quality of life.
Our respite care program is flexible to accommodate most any situation. Manorhouse may be able to help you solve the caregiving challenges that arise when you need life balance and have your own responsibilities. Since our respite residents get the same quality of care as any resident, you get peace of mind and your loved one gets needed attention and care.