At-a-glance: COVID-19 Protocols
This is an overview of our safety protocols, designed to keep Manorhouse at zero confirmed cases among staff and residents at all of our 3 communities. Our Transition Counselors will help new residents navigate the process both prior to and after admission. Download our detailed protocols from here.
Prior to Admission
Required from new resident:
- COVID-19 Pre-admission Questionnaire.
- In-person assessment by the Resident Care Coordinator or Director of Resident Care (wearing PPE during assessment) and approval by the corporate office.
- A negative result from a COVID test administered within 96 hours of the admission date. The resident must physically move into Manorhouse within 48 hours after receiving the negative test result.
- Social distancing (at a minimum) must be observed for at least 2 weeks prior to admission.
- Our staff (wearing PPE) will spray/sanitize all furniture/belongings prior to bringing these items into the building. Once the furniture/belongings have been in the resident’s room and sanitized twice, then the resident can move in. Any outside party involved in moving the resident’s belongings into Manorhouse will be screened and required to wear PPE (mask and gloves at a minimum)
- All visits must be scheduled in advance by calling our receptionist.
- A preliminary questionnaire will be completed over the phone. Please note that if you or anyone in your household has either traveled to a COVID-19 “hot spot” in the last 14 days, taken a flight or other mass transit in the last 14 days, has been in any social establishment without a facemask, we must restrict your planned visit.
- Visitors will receive additional screening on the day of the visit. Visitors must consent to having their temperature recorded.
- A resident may only have 2 visitors at a time.
- No children under the age of 10 will be allowed.
- Visits will be limited to the Assisted Living Courtyard or the Meditation room. Weather permitting, we will strongly encourage the outside courtyard visits.
- Visitors and resident must wear a facemask at all times during the visit.
- No consumption of food or drink during the visits.
- Visitors and resident must practice social distancing to the best of your abilities.
- For indoor visits in the Meditation Room, a plexiglass screen will be placed between the resident and visitors.
- As difficult as it is, we must strongly insist that no physical contact or hugging is allowed.
To reduce the likelihood of an adverse outcome, we must insist on zero-tolerance for those not following this policy. Our team reserves the right to intervene and escort any visitor out of our community if the above parameters are not followed.
Please note that we reserve the right to modify these policies and procedures at any time to ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff.