Health and Wellness
Sometimes, it’s the little things that can get you to take a step towards fitness – an interesting class, the motivation of exercising with a friend, the feeling of support when you go to the gym. At Manorhouse, we provide an array of options to help get anyone motivated, whether it’s one-on-one training, participating in a class, or just taking a moment of mindfulness. Working toward wellness is a huge step in developing the lifestyle you’re hoping to live – Manorhouse can help with this.
Manorhouse residents have access to many health and wellness services onsite:
- Wellness Center with high-tech exercise equipment where you can work out with your friends.
- Chair Yoga and Meditation classes
- Podiatry services
- Counseling services
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy
Resident Programs and Services
Our resident programs are designed to provide a wide range of opportunities, reflecting the diverse interests of our residents. Each day can be an enriching and engaging experience.
We encourage our residents to enhance their current skills, cultivate new interests and be a life-long learner. There will always be regular as well as new activities from which to choose. Residents have input on activities through the Resident Council monthly meeting.
Complimentary activities can include:
- Weekly shopping and lunch outings
- Excursions to museums, gardens, and theater
- Book Club and Craft Club
- Painting classes
- Small group study
- Newcomer tea
- Guest speakers
- Special celebrations
- Day trips
Dining in today’s assisted living is about more than just satisfying nutritional needs. It’s about providing interesting options and creating a wonderful dining experience. Exciting alternatives can include meals like:
- Italian theme dinner and celebration
- Tattoo, Taco & Tequila Night
- Take-Out Nights ordered from local restaurants
- Outside catering
Chef-planned menus include three delicious meals each day including entrée and dessert options, as well as snacks available throughout the day. Guest meals and room service are available at an extra charge. Catering for private entertaining is also available.
Manorhouse communities are full-service assisted living retirement communities, with the following standard amenities are included in each resident’s monthly fee unless noted with *:
- Formal dining room (including three meals daily)
- Snacks and beverages available 24 hours every day
- Parlors, library, activity rooms, and other social spaces
- Personalized care plans
- Wellness Center
- Spa, Beauty and Barber (on-site)*
- Special laundry/dry cleaning services*
- Scheduled transportation
- Special transportation services*
- Interior sunrooms for residents and visitors
- Outdoor courtyards
- All utilities (except landline telephone, cable TV)
- All units pre-wired for telephone and cable
- Individual climate controls for heating and cooling
- Backup generator
- Centrally located, private mail boxes
- Elevator service
- Personal and flat laundry
- Self-service laundry facilities (for resident convenience)
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Secured outdoor courtyards
- Maintenance service
Engagement Through Technology
Residents have varying degrees of technology experience. We try to maintain simplicity, while still taking advantage of modern advancements.
One example is use of iN2L (It’s Never 2 Late). This picture-based, touch-screen program provides engaging educational, spiritual, entertaining and personalized content unique to each person’s interest and ability.